Assign SCCM Package To Distribution Point

Aug 16, 2011 at 4:13 AM

I can successfully distribute a package to a Distribution Point Group using the above object. Whenever I try to use a Single Distribution Point using the DP Servername as the selection criteria I get the following Error :

The method or operation is not implemented.

Exception: NotImplementedException
Target site: WqlQueryResultsObject.get_Item

Stack trace:
   at Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.ManagementProvider.WqlQueryEngine.WqlQueryResultsObject.get_Item(String name)
   at OpalisSCCMExtension.AssignPackageToDP.determineComputerSiteCode(IResultObject computerObj)
   at OpalisSCCMExtension.AssignPackageToDP.Execute(IOpalisRequest request, IOpalisResponse response)

Thanks for your help and the Integration Pack is awesome

Coordinator
Aug 16, 2011 at 4:45 AM

Hey thanks for the heads up! I should have time to look at this tomorrow.

Coordinator
Sep 27, 2011 at 5:38 PM

So this error is related to a failure to determine the site of the DP you chose.  What this object does is look up the DP you entered in SCCM then it tries to figure out what its site is by looking at the "AgentSite" property and says the site code is whichever site shows up the most in that array.  the error you are seeing is coming when we try to get that property.  Can you check and see if it is set to anything? Just run the 'get sccm computer' object against the DP and paste the agent site list here

Sep 27, 2011 at 10:39 PM

Hi There,

I ran the 'Get SCCM Computer' against the DP server. The 'Agent Site' result returned is '802,8AA,802,8AA,8AA'.

The MP site code is 8AA and the DP site code is 802. So the array is returning the MP with the most items in the array rather than the DP.

Thanks

Darren